Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hey


Have I mentioned how MOTHERLOVIN' HOT it is? Did you think I have been exaggerating, perchance? No, I have not been exaggerating. Please see photo at right for illustration.

The dogs have been just like this, flat on the floor and unresponsive, for the better part of the last week. They don't even twitch if you step over them. A. walked past them on his way to the kitchen this weekend and said, "I think the dogs are dead." No, not dead, just comatose from the heat. They will occasionally get up, stagger a few feet, and then crash back down to the floor to settle back into their stupor.

This is pretty much how I've been dealing with the heat, with the addition of an electric fan and copious quantities of ice cream. I think today is the last day of this heat wave, and then normal activities can resume. As of now, I've been avoiding anything, like moving, that might make me sweat any more than necessary.

So why the hell am I sitting upstairs in the stiflingly hot study, cozied up to a computer that is emitting more heat than our space heater in the winter? Forget this. I'm out, y'all. If you need me, I'll be in front of the fan with a bowl of Perry's Chocolate Panda Paws ice cream.

3 comments:

MsPicketToYou said...

my sisters kids' schools (in NJ and CT) are closed today. no snow days this year, but "heat days" now. somewhere al gore is saying i told you so.

Anonymous said...

That photo is a little disconcerting. Looks like they had a little canine Jonestown situation going on.

SaraPMcC said...

Seriously, I think your dogs are dead.