Are you back? Okay then. So you know that Ms. Picket is a very cool, funny mom with excellent taste in music (and a potty mouth) who GAVE ME A PRIZE! A trophy, even. I haven't had a trophy since I was 15 and playing soccer. Check it out, y'all.
It's the Arte y Pico award. You can go look at the Arte y Pico blog for an explanation, if you can read Spanish. Y yo puedo. Mas o menos.
I'm supposed to pass on the blog love to five more people. Following the rules, of course. What a relief--I like rules and directions. And here they are, copied and pasted from Ms. Picket's blog, because I am lazy.
1. Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
There are a lot of people who do this blogging thing a hell of a lot better than me. They're all listed in my sidebar, so you can look at all of them. And I don't want to pick just five. It makes me nervous to have to pick, because that means I'm excluding as well. But, with the proviso that you should go read all of the sites I link to in my sidebar (GO. NOW.), here are my five picks, in no particular order:
1) Jive Turkey at Jive Turkey. Besides the cool name, Jive Turkey is one of the funniest people I have never met. I'm a Jive Turkey groupie. Go to her site. NOW.
2) Drew Kime at How To Cook Like Your Grandmother. He looks nothing like my grandmother (since he's, well, a HE), and appears to cook better than her, too. Good recipes, good photos, funny guy. Go to his site. NOW.
3) Mindy at Coffee and Queso. Props to anyone who would do a whole post about how messy her kitchen is. With photos. She bakes, too. Aaaand . . . you can go to her site. Yes, now.
4) Meadowlark at Just Wandering Through . . . She thinks hard about her life choices, and she doesn't want to sound like a nutjob. An admirable goal, and one more people should aspire to. Plus, she's going to use her pressure canner first so she can tell me what not to do with mine. So, you know what to do. NOW.
5) Mayberry Magpie at Mayberry Magpie. Love the name, love the content, love the design, love this lady. You can go now. To her site. Go on.
I'm tired now from bossing you all around. So you can go.