Sunday, September 7, 2008

Silencing of the Lambs

We went to the feed store yesterday. We picked up 100 pounds of corn and 80 pounds of salt. In two weeks, the lambs will be sent away to fulfill their destiny. The corn is to fatten them up. The salt is to dry their hides, after the, um, dispatching.

Yes, the MiL wishes to make sheepskin rugs out of their fleeces and hides. I have my doubts about this operation, as I am envisioning some gruesome scenes in the barn, but maybe it won't be too bad. Or maybe it will be gross. Anything is possible! The excitement never ends at Blackrock. Stay tuned . . .

4 comments:

Sweet Bird said...

I think that's the hardest part about raising animals. I remember being very traumatized as a child after my favorite chicken was...erm...dispatched. I didn't eat chicken for nearly a year.

Anonymous said...

My money is on "gross" rather than "not too bad," but either way I know it will make a great story.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your MiL sounds like a tough lady. I don't think I could do that and not get sick.. lol.

Anonymous said...

I happen to know the Mil is a tough lady and a good lookin one too.