Saturday, October 18, 2008

AND THE WINNER OF OUR FABULOUS PRIZE PACKAGE IS . . .

(The "fabulous prize package" being, of course, LOTS OF CAPS and exclamation points!!!!! And a link. Fabulous indeed.)

THE LOVELY, THE TALENTED, THE INCREDIBLY INTELLIGENT . . .

JULIE!!!!!
A.K.A. THE SPORADIC COOK (Many of my readers seem to have very pretty and delicious-looking food sites, like Julie's. I can't imagine what you people must think when you see my pathetic photographs.)

Okay, if everyone is appropriately excited, I'm going to dispense with the caps and exclamation points now--they give me a headache.

So yes, congratulations, Julie! Not only was Julie the closest, she guessed the exact amount (six dollars). EXTRA CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS FOR THAT!!!!!!

Interestingly, those peppers were labeled 50 cents each, but when I told the guy I wanted a peck, the price was magically less than half what it would have been for the individual peppers. And then, I had to go into a nearby grocery store for something, and right when I walked in I was confronted with a bin of peppers priced at $2.99 a pound. I've been reveling in my superior intelligence and economy ever since. Because that's just how sad and pathetic I am.

Let's all congratulate JULIE one more time, and thanks for playing!

3 comments:

jean said...

Yeah, can you tell that I am clueless with the prices of food in the real world. I only know the supermarket prices! Obviously I need to get out and look around.

Congratulations to the winner.

Anonymous said...

congrats julie! time to play the lotto!

Julie said...

Yay me! I just saw that I won. I LOVE CAPS AND EXCLAMATIONS!!!!!!
So I guess it's my lucky day. Thanks a million :)