Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bored, with a Side of Boring

That's how I'm feeling lately. There are lots of things coming up soon*, but nothing has happened yet. And it's cold still, and gray, and there's snow on the ground. So. Yeah. Bored. And boring. And you know what THAT means!

It's Audience Participation Day! Also known as Kristin-doesn't-feel-like-providing-all-the-entertainment-today Day.

So, I want YOU to entertain ME. And I want you to do this by telling me about a blog that you think should have been on Time magazine's 25 Best Blogs list (the link to which I saw on Bossy yesterday, and Time? Why is Bossy not on that list, dammit?), which really should have been named Time magazine's 25 Blogs that Kristin Never Wants To Read, Except for Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. That list sucked, and I'm sure you can all do much better. So, give me your recommendations of the undiscovered yet fantastic blogs that you think are so much better than the lame techie and political blogs endorsed by Time. Because what I really need are more excuses to waste time online during the day.

Thank you for your cooperation.

* Unfair teaser: Baby animals! And not just of the ovine variety! Trips far afield! Farther than the farm store, even! Blessed nuptials to be celebrated at Blackrock! Life is about to get much more exciting.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Language alert for you sensitive readers! But my blog suggestion is http://fuckyoupenguin.blogspot.com/

Talk about a way to fight boredom. At first I thought maybe I should be terribly, terribly offended by the blog, then I got it. Freakin' funny stuff!

Time needs to loosen up a little. What's up with the LameO "Entr(ies) you'll never see"???

Daisy said...

Time needs to realize that not all blog readers have little kids, and not all of us find Dooce interesting. For a little variety, they should have mentioned me! http://compostermom.blogspot.com

Sweet Bird said...

Heh, that Fuck You, Penguin website has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

I'm not sure who should've been on the list. Maybe you? This is the only blog I read with any regularity. I think when I'm busy I may actually visit this blog more than my own. When I visit my own I feel the pressure to post more often - and when I've got three projects, two papers, and 8 billion pages of assigned reading I feel less like taking pictures of food and more like sticking my head in the sand.

Thank you for being the sand I stick my head in.

Yes, I know. That's kind of weird.

Anonymous said...

Uh, hello? Mayberry Magpie for god's sake. How in the world did Time miss me?

Actually, you and I read all the same blogs so everything wonderful I know about, you already know about. It's kind of cool to think there are so many "regular people" out there posting cool and funny and inspiring and generous stuff every day that hardly anybody knows about. Pshaaaaa Time! What do they know?

The best writing in the blogosphere, hands down IMHO, is at sweetsalty.com. She doesn't post frequently, but her sublime words are worth waiting for.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, howeverabsurd.com should've been on the list. Duh.

I can't wait for your upcoming excitement! It sounds, well, exciting.

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I messed up that link. I wanted to send everyone to the main page, of course:

Let's see if this works.

krysta said...

let's see you, me, mayberry magpie! i actually like saltysweet that is some beautiful writing.

Phoo-D said...

Yes - how could they miss Going Country and Mayberry Magpie? We should demand a second list! One of my other favorites is http://www.whiteonricecouple.com Fun people and great food.
Maybe to fight boredom you could also go sheep tipping? Do sheep tip?
Phoo-D

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry...what? I saw "baby animals" and forgot everything that came before it.

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

I agree that Ree's site (Pioneer Woman) is cool. But I need my entertainment in smaller pieces so I can fit it into breaks in my schedule. I just don't have the time to set and read the longer stuff.

Anonymous said...

Since Miss Doxie quit updating and I went back to work, you and Jive Turkey are the only blogs I have time to read regularly, but I'd nominate you both!

Anonymous said...

Cousin E. puts forth LewRockwell.com and http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

undomesticdiva.com

She's funny as hell and always leaves you wanting more.

P.S. Could Time get another tekkie blog on there? If I wanted that I'd look at Wired's list.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I also read regularly Paintingchef.com & Sarcomical.com. Very funny ladies.

jean said...

I didn't see the list so I'm not sure who to suggest.

Now, put up the baby pictures I can't wait anymore.

Unknown said...

one of my new favorites, now that gardening season is here, (and will be for you soon!!!)

http://www.growbetterveggies.com/

for cooking these two are my favorite!

http://everybodylikessandwiches.blogspot.com

http://www.thewednesdaychef.com

Aunt Krissy said...

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

I like to go here for some laughs. It's cakes gone wrong.