Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thank God for Old Photos

Those forgotten photo albums keep yielding unexpected pictures that I can post in place of words. Words are hard, man. Words require some thought. Maybe not a lot of thought, at least not the way I write, but some thought. Pictures, on the other hand, are easy. And you know what they say about a picture and those thousand words and all.

So, here. Here are my thousand words for the day. This is a photo I took in an attempt to show some fairly heavy fog we had one morning in August. But fog never looks as . . . foggy in my photos somehow. Instead, it just looks kinda like a fairy tale illustration.



Complete with big, bad (fluffy) wolves.

Maybe by tomorrow I'll be able to string together some words for you in some kind of organized fashion. But I make no promises.

6 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

But it still looks nice. I like foggy days. It seems quite and peacefull.

Anonymous said...

How is it that I've never seen a shot of Blackrock like this before? Have I missed it, or have you been holding out? It is like a fairy tale, even without the fog. I didn't realize you had all that lovely trim. And that porch! And those windows!

I want more, more, more (photos of Blackrock, that is).

Anonymous said...

Ditto the porch! And the windows! And how nicely you framed the shot with that tree branch arching over the house. This is lovely.

The Country Experience said...

Dit-to on the awesome details! Now you've got fodder for more posts like this. It looks like Blackrock looks like a goldmine of architectural posts.

Kay said...

Add me to the wave of porch, window, house photo lovers & wanting more! Not that we don't like your photos of potatoes and such, but the front of the house is lovely!
Please share more.

Anonymous said...

I just love that picture, the steep roofline, the windows, the fog...it is indeed like a fairytale!