Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Chained to My House Now

No, really. I'm NEVER LEAVING AGAIN. All the trips were fun and all, but in the end, I am a hermit and I need to stay in my little hermit crab shell (read: Blackrock) for a long, long time now to calm down. Too much stimulation on the Outside, ya know.

Here at home all I have are crowing roosters and whining puppies and yelling sheep and . . . what was I saying about too much stimulation?

BUT ANYWAY.

Yesterday in The City involved meeting up with a friend of the MiL's whom you have been introduced to before (say hi to Mikey-not-the-Life-kid!). She was in The City because her husband is in a hospital there. So we met up to walk through the museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology. You should do this if you have the chance, because you get to see lots of pretty dresses and crazy shoes and it's FREEEEEEE. Yup, no cash to be doled out at entrance. In a city like New York, where cash seems to disappear spontaneously from your wallet, this is a relief. We also went to lunch, and then I went to the hospital to see Mikey-not-the-Life-kid's husband and cheer him up with my own particular brand of hospital humor, which involves observations on hospital gowns and invalids.

Yeah, I'm a party.

Then A. was released from hell and we drove home. Which took us a long time, because we left at around 5 p.m. Hello, traffic! Also, it was raining most of the way home and dark, and we are elderly people who do not like to drive in the dark, especially when the rain makes everything shiny and weird, so A. was driving like 50 mph most of the way home.

But! We did make it home, and now, as I may have mentioned, I am NEVER LEAVING AGAIN. There are seeds to be planted! Lambs to be born! A wedding to be hosted! Puppies to be sold off!

It's good to be home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Back to our comfortable routine.

I'm a hermit too. And I like it when my friends are hermit and we stay in our little hermit ruts.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home (again)! Really, why would you ever want to leave those puppies again?!

jean said...

After seeing all the wildlife in the city, the ones on the farm must seem tame.

Daisy said...

Hermithood. Is that a word? I want it to be a word, and I want it to be my word. Glad you're home safely!

FinnyKnits said...

I think you forgot to post photos of the puppies.

Also, welcome home. Never leave again. That's how I prefer it.

Sweet Bird said...

I am looking forward to reading about all of these exciting events. I too get homesick all too quickly when leaving my quiet life. Although a recent trip to San Francisco left me with a feeling of odd longing to live in the city again.

That's probably not good...

rls said...

Don't forget you still owe us stories of the AZ roadtrip...

Also, my verification word is "color." That's the first time it's ever been an actual, real word. That's weird.