Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sweet Freedom


By a rare stroke of luck, everyone in my house managed to make it home by 6:15 last night. Because I was planning on dinner at 7 p.m., to coincide with the normal time of arrival of one particular hardworking lawyer, this meant that A. and the MiL both had almost a whole hour to commune with their respective baby animals. So the gates were opened and the beasts ran free. It was beautiful to see, really.

First, A. released the sheep to graze on the greener grass they were SURE was on the other side of the fence.

Then they discovered that it IS greener on the other side. And there are peonies!

And then the MiL emancipated the puppies for an evening puppy walk. Which may be the most adorable sight on the PLANET and would surely melt the heart of even a hardened criminal.


Puppy therapy: Cheaper than drugs!

And then I made them lock all the babies back up again, because I am cruel and hard and wanted to eat my sausage and potatoes. The end.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Puppy therapy', yes , oh yes. There is nothing as soothing as puppy kisses and puppy breath.

Chiot's Run said...

Puppies, are so cute. But then they grow up to be big dogs that dig up flowers, eat poop and leave hair all over the house. If puppies weren't so cute no one would have pet dogs.

Susan said...

Please don't let the sheep eat the peonies!

jean said...

Animal therapy is fantastic! Especially, puppy breath. I miss it.

FinnyKnits said...

I will say that the photo of the puppy walk made me want to roll around on the ground. With puppies.

Really, so adorable.

Was there any walking that happened? Or just random puppy bouncing?

Tami Bami Wami said...

Name any of the puppies tigger from winnie the pooh? *grin*

Mayberry Magpie said...

Peonies! They're alive in my yard, too. Nothing makes me jump for joy like peonies.