Saturday, June 13, 2009

Laboring

It rained a lot on Thursday and into Friday. This is great for the garden, which is growing its little green leafy heart out. Unfortunately, that includes the weeds.

Despite the fact that I spent a few hours breaking my back with the hoe on Wednesday, weeding the whole garden and hilling potatoes (HAAAATE hilling), the rain has made more weeds appear. Lots more weeds. So, second verse, same as the first. Out to the garden I go today, to weed the whole thing and hill the potatoes some more (HAAAATE). Also to thin carrots and parsnips and salt some more slugs.

My life: non-stop fun and excitement.

5 comments:

Mayberry Magpie said...

Your life is a lot like mine except mine is a lot better.

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!


Sorry. I crack myself up in the morning. But I'm sure enjoying my coffee and NOT manual labor.

Anonymous said...

Beats digging ditches at a job !

FinnyKnits said...

Don't forget that your life is also super glamorous.

Enjoy your cocktail tonight, doll. And just think about how good those potatoes will be. In, like, October.

;)

Anonymous said...

yah, I still have this image in my mind of you chucking the dead animal out of the yard as the 'dressed up' lady in her shiny car was talking to you... ;)
Ga-la-more down to the rubber boots...It IS a life worth living for sure...can't get better. Really.

Daisy said...

Potatoes - I didn't plant any this year. Maybe next year. But then I'd have to learn all about hilling and hope I don't hate it...maybe not.