Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Gonna Be a Bright Sunshiny Day

And it's about damn time. I think my skin was beginning to bleach and my eyes get all milky. You know, like those freaky creatures that live deep in caves and are never exposed to light? Like these super-creepy blind albino salamanders? Yeah, just like that. Is brain dysfunction also a result of light deprivation? Because I just sat here for, no lie, a full minute trying to remember the word "deprivation."

BUT ANYWAY.

The paper this morning informed me that so far, this is the wettest summer since 1976. That would explain why the slugs and snails are holding a convention in the garden. However! We are finally getting a reprieve. At least today and tomorrow. There's no rain in our forecast. Wheee! It's still not going to be overly warm, high 70s I think, but at least there will be no precipitation falling. Until this weekend, anyway. But I won't think about that today. I'll think about it tomorrow.

7 comments:

mdvelazquez said...

Absolutely time to enjoy the sunshine. All this rain has our area infested with mosquitos.

Anonymous said...

We haven't had rain all week, which means all of my plants are about dead b/c I can't remember to water them.

I also sat still for about 6 full minutes the other day trying to remember Eugene Levy's name. (I finally resorted to IMDB).

Susan said...

Eugene Levy! He's in all those movies I love by.... oh shoot, what's his name?

(I blame it on the slugs and resulting sleep deprivation from standing guard all night in the garden with a salt shaker in hand.)

FinnyKnits said...

Ew, albinos.

Go sit in that sunshine!

I will be going off to the office now to sit in, uh, air conditioning. Ew again.

Phoo-D said...

"Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in" Soak it up! After going through my first Midwest winter I looked at my legs, and said, "I didn't know I could be this white." Yikes.

Aunt Krissy said...

Are you growing mold on your toes yet? That's alot of rain.

Beth said...

Enjoy the sunshine. And if you would like to trade homes for a week or so, I'm there. We're averaging about 10O+ a day. And very little rain. Just let me know. I would happily take care of your snail problem.