Sunday, August 16, 2009

It Is Hot and Humid, Yes

The kind of hot and humid where I never stop sweating and the dogs never stop panting.

The kind of hot and humid where the towels in the bathroom never quite dry.

The kind of hot and humid where the refrigerator drips condensation.

The kind of hot and humid where bread goes moldy in two days.

The kind of hot and humid where the bed sheets always feel a bit damp.

The kind of hot and humid that requires the window fan in the bedroom to be on high, creating a wind tunnel effect, and yet still not cooling the room much.

The kind of hot and humid where I start coveting my neighbors' goods--specifically, their window air conditioning unit.

The kind of hot and humid where the only sensible course of action is driving to an air conditioned movie theater and parking myself in a seat with a large, ice-filled Coke to watch "Julie and Julia."

You know where to find me today . . .

9 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

I so hate my damp sheets! I pull back the covers and run the fan on high to try and dry them some befor I get into bed.

Anonymous said...

It would have to be against my religion before I would do w/o my window unit. And I think then I would be changing religions.

Marcy said...

It's the limp toilet paper that gets me but I'm suffering through today with the promise of "(500) Days of Summer" tomorrow afternoon.

rls said...

Expecting a movie review tomorrow.

jean said...

You might want to make it a double or even a triple feature. It is nasty out there today.

Susan said...

I think it's okay to covet your neighbor's air conditioner. Just not his/her ass. And that's just the King James version, so you're probably still fine.

Sherry said...

I would rather die than do without my central air. Put me in this heat and humidity for more than a few minutes and I can't breathe. It has been awful here in the Rochester area.

sweetbird said...

I feel your humidity.

I didn't think North Carolina was this humid.

It is.

Sara said...

How was the movie? I just finished reading the book last week or the week before; I remember you telling me about the part with the maggots! Yikes. Hope you stayed cool today.