Friday, August 21, 2009

Wait, Did You Want More Details About that Baby Thing?

Yeah, that was the impression I got. But be forewarned that this is NOT about to become a pregnancy blog because . . . well, because I would find that boring to write. Besides, what would I do with all those stories about woodchucks and self-injury?

So. First things first: My due date is at the end of February. This means two things: 1) This child had better be nice and fat for insulation purposes, because Blackrock is no warm haven at the end of February. As I'm sure you remember. And 2) I did not share this news with you very promptly.

I had to wait, you see. I first found out myself when A. was on his big trip, so I had to wait until he got home before I could tell ANYONE. Then, I waited until I'd been to the doctor for the first time to tell the immediate family members (I haven't been sick or anything, so part of me was thinking I was making the whole thing up). THEN, I waited until after we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time before we started telling the rest of the family members, friends, etc. And only after we had told everyone we knew in real life did I tell the world at large online. In fact, I waited until after I had my first sonogram, at which it was determined that the kid has all its limbs, a nose, both brain hemispheres, all major organs, and seems to be quite active. I have the blurry pictures to prove it.

I foresee much painful kicking in the future.

But now, no more waiting to tell. The game is up. Everyone knows that, no, I'm not just getting plump from too much ice cream--I have an excuse for my pot belly, dammit. Also an excuse to make A. do all the mowing.

I love this pregnancy thing.

14 comments:

mdvelazquez said...

I'm really happy for you.

Please no self injuries during pregnancy. It would make us cry.

Susan said...

I'm so glad your baby has a nose.

QuiltedSimple said...

I'm so glad the baby is healthy and has everything it should!!!! How wonderful!!
Kris

Phoo-D said...

February is a great month and I'm sure the baby will be well bundled =). So happy for you two - congratulations again!

Susan said...

This is what happens when I go off line for a couple days?

Congratulations! (about the baby. not the blight)

Anonymous said...

I just have to say it again - I am SO SO SO SO happy for you guys. And if the blight misses us, I've got 60 tomato plants in and will be bringing them down by the bucket-full.

ABG

Anonymous said...

Who needs tomatoes? You gots a BABY.

Julie said...

How exciting! Seems like everybody I know (and people I sorta know from the internetz) is gestating! Go eat lots of burritos to fatten him up for winter time :)

Daisy said...

Congratulations! Now someone needs to provide you with fresh tomatoes so you can get all the vitamin C you need.

jean said...

I am so excited! I can't wait to hear more.

Coll said...

Congratulations on the baby! How wonderful for you all. Happy that baby appears to have all appropriate parts. February will be here before you know it.

rls said...

The good thing about being preggers during a Blackrock winter is that you have a fighting chance of actually being WARM. So that's good. Congrats again! :-)

Becky said...

No fair! The MIL gets to be a grandma before me, and I'm a full 2 weeks older. Ah well, I'll drown my jealousy in a toast to all of you. Now excuse me while I email my daughter and SIL...

Becky

inadvertent farmer said...

Ohhh how great for you! I waited two weeks to tell hubby with my last pregnancy, I needed the time to get over the shock! First pregnancies are awesome...enjoy...but if you had planned better you would have been BIG preggo during the height of mowing season, not in February for goodness sake!

And for your own sake, please ignore my blog today, first time pregnant moms have been warned not to visit...seriously! Kim