Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Failure to Communicate

I tried to be reasonable. I tried to be patient. I tried to explain to Cubby that Mommy had a wicked headache this morning thanks to his insistence on waking her up every hour for four hours so that he could satisfy his frankly obsessive addiction to milk. I further explained that the piercing shriek he kept uttering made Mommy feel as if someone was driving an ice pick into the base of her skull and that none of this made Mommy very happy. And do you know what he did? He ignored me.

The nerve of that three-week-old kid. Honestly. You'd think he was a needy newborn or something.

It's a damn good thing he's so cute.

P.S. Can anyone identify what it is that Cubby is napping on in that photo?

14 comments:

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Looks like some kind of sleeping MAA-AAA-AAAT.


Word verification: caphys -- unit of measure for how strong your morning latte is.

Serial Swooper said...

whatever sweet cubby is sleeping on, let me know. do they make them in grown-up size?

dognutmom said...

That appears to be a very nice crate mat or dog bed :-)

Susan said...

One of your dead sheep!!??? Drew is cracking me up.

Terry said...

sounds like little cubby is not so much addicted to milk as he is to mommy. you might try wearing a tshirt for a few hours so it gets your smell on it, and then using that tshirt as a sheet over that fuzzy mat. worked on 2 of my kids who were cranky.

jean said...

Terry made a great suggestion. And Drew's answer was the best.

Sherry said...

A polar bear skin rug???

Anonymous said...

Yes, remember when you had the skins of some of your sheep done up so you could use them for cubby to sleep on. I don't know if we knew about cubby then , tho.


word verification cothir

a small bed that you rent out

sheila said...

At least his sleeping surface is warm!

Alicia said...

He's THREE WEEKS OLD?!

They grow up so fast!

MsPicketToYou said...

sheepskin fo shizzle.

also, they're hard of hearing until... well forever.

Julie said...

Cuteness is essential to baby survival, I truly believe.

Daisy said...

Growth spurt? My own "cubbies" ate every hour on the hour when they were stocking up for a growth spurt.

Word verification: cheras - what you put on top of your ice cream sundahs.

rls said...

Ooh, ooh, I know! And I, too, want one in grown-up size - except that would be kind of a scary-big sheep.