Monday, March 15, 2010

Let's Get Shallow

Having a baby has no doubt given me a greater purpose in life/new meaning to my existence/insert your own deep significance here. But you know what else it's given me? Really awesome hair.

Okay, so it's not the baby who gave me the spectacular hair, but he is indirectly responsible. See, I have curly hair. VERY curly hair. Like, ringlets. Very curly hair does not react well to humidity. It becomes less curly and more frizzy, in the manner of Janis Joplin. But ever since we brought the baby home and the heat has been in use more frequently, the air in the house has been significantly drier. I do not generally like dry, heated rooms, as they result in dry lips and thirst. But my hair LOVED it. It looked SO GOOD. It was curly and not frizzy and YAY!

Until this morning, since it's warm enough outside that the furnace isn't running and is also very humid. And so I'm back to Janis Joplin hair. But the good hair days were nice while they lasted.

Edited to add: If you really care, you can see the ringlets in this post.

6 comments:

Cindy S said...

And, how are your fingernails?! Long and strong? That was the VERY BEST part of early mommy hood for me.

(well, um, I mean aside from the kid. sort of.)

Anonymous said...

Now that IS really curly hair. I guess once again , we don't get pics?

Daisy said...

Oh, the gifts a baby will give!

jean said...

After I had my son my hair went from wavy to curly/frizz. And then cause that wasn't enough it tag teamed with the greys. Oh the joys of motherhood.

Sara said...

You should post more hair pictures. Then we'd have some reference points.

Jen said...

The improved hair is great while it lasts. I'm sad to say that about 3 months postpartum, you'll start shedding like a collie in the spring. And then, when it starts growing back you get all these little short pieces that stick up all over. It's great!
Babies just keep giving and giving, don't they?