Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Practice Run

Okay, Cubby. We're leaving this morning for New Orleans. You're going to be meeting all of your relatives from my family for the first time, and you have until Saturday to charm them. You want to make a good impression, don't you? Of course you do! So let's practice that big smile.

Don't give me that look, young man. When I say smile, you smile.

That's better. I'm glad you've adjusted your attitude. Now let's see a little more happiness . . .


Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about.

Get ready, New Orleans. Cubby is a comin'.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

He DID it! Have a good trip!

Mary in MN

Word Verification: Sukeye. What Cubby almost gave you.

Phoo-D said...

What a charmer! He'll have them wrapped around his little finger in no time!

Anonymous said...

He is surely a charmer ! Beautiful smile on the Cubster.
Don't worry what you look like or wear...'cause Cubby will be the center of attention. Beth

Serial Swooper said...

Yay, Cubby! Good luck on the trip. No doubt you'll grow the Cubby fan club.

Alicia said...

He'll have all of them fawning at his feet by the time you leave the airport!

Conny said...

Too cute ~ I love babies gummy smiles :>) Have a wonderful visit, under the circumstances.

Conny in CA

Just Me said...

Awwwww. Adorable smile!

rls said...

Oh, my heart just melted a little. Hope you have a great trip, despite the circumstances.

jean said...

no matter what his face, he is just going to knock them over. he is by far the cutest boy I've seen since my own was that age 14 years ago. Just remember to bring a lot of baby powder or cornstarch so his boy bits don't chaff. I know you're not going down there for a party but a burial, try to keep her spirit alive through stories, happy times and know she led a long and interesting life.

Amy said...

He is truly one of the most handsomest babies I have ever seen.

Mayberry Magpie said...

I am completely charmed by Cubby.