Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beating the Heat

Why, hello there! Fancy seeing you here at 11 a.m.! I KNOW. SO LATE. I've been up since 4:30 this morning, so you'd think I would have posted earlier, right?

No.

See, there was this baby that needed to be fed and changed. Several times. And dogs to be fed and chickens to be let out and laundry to be washed and hung outside and and mulberries to be juiced and peas, beets, lettuce, and spinach to be harvested.

It's supposed to get to around 90 degrees today, with high humidity, so I tried to get as much done this morning as possible before it got too hot. My afternoon plans involve sitting around in the shade on a blanket with a naked baby and some iced tea.

Summer has arrived.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Today it's 95 degrees and humidity to make it feel like 105. So, naturally, we're going to the park to play sports. We're pretty much idiots. :)

andrea said...

have fun!

jean said...

Enjoy yourselves!

FinnyKnits said...

Well, I'm glad to see you have your priorities in order.

Enjoy summer :)