Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cucumbers and Tomatoes and Blueberries--Oh My

Cucumbers: Refrigerator pickles ahoy! Batch one completed last night and brining at this very moment in the refrigerator. Two more weeks and I can once again eat crisp, vinegary, garlic-tinged dill pickles. WHEEE!

Tomatoes: The first 2010 piece of toast with cream cheese, fresh tomatoes, and salt and pepper was consumed this morning. And it was GLORIOUS.

Blueberries: The MiL went blueberry picking with my sister-in-law yesterday, returning with a large bucket of blueberries that she is even now using to bake a pie.

I know. You're jealous of my pickles, tomato toast, and pie. It's okay. I'm sure you have something wonderful of your own to look forward to this Saturday.

Have a good one, duckies!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Yum. We brought home lots of goodies from the farmers' market this morning. My own tomatoes will be ripening soon; I'm already looking at recipes! This will be the year I can tomato sauce.

jean said...

I made desserts today but even the strawberries were store bought. Very sad.