Monday, July 26, 2010

Seven Year Itch

Did you ever see that movie? The Seven Year Itch, I mean? The one with the guy left alone in his city apartment after his wife of seven years and their children leave for the beach for the summer and he faces the temptations of infidelity in the form of Marilyn Monroe, who oh-so-conveniently lives in his building?

Well, I suppose I should be glad that no one remotely resembling Marilyn Monroe lives within a 50-mile radius of us. Because today A. and I are celebrating seven years of marriage.

I use the term "celebrating" quite loosely. I will be celebrating by taking care of the fruit of our union.

Hey! Who you callin' a fruit, lady?

A. will be celebrating by re-roofing part of the house. He is even now climbing around on the roof over my head, tearing off shingles and flinging them into the waiting pickup truck below.

Maybe tonight, if we're feeling crazy, we'll have a gin and tonic and toast to our longevity. Or maybe we'll just collapse into bed and pass out.

If I were a betting woman, I would bet on option B.

14 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy Anniversary! Cubby is really growing. It's been fun watching new pictures of him come along and how big he is getting!

Anke said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you get to at least celebrate a little bit before you collapse into bed...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary ! Sure seems you guys are doing everything just right ! Love the pics/captions. Beth
word verification 'ashiving'

how crematoriums make hay

Sara said...

Happy anniversary! I think you got the better way to celebrate.

jive turkey said...

Happy Anniversary! Cubby looks about old enough to mix you two some celebratory G&Ts. Isn't there a tonic dispenser somewhere on that exersaucer?!

Judi said...

Happy anniversary!

sweetbird said...

Congrats! I am in strongly in favor of option A...

andrea said...

happy anniversary

yours sound much like ours often is (minus the fruit of course!!)

tami Bami Wami said...

Yuppers i second that! Happy Anniversary!

rls said...

Happy Anniversary! You can hold your own against Marilyn Monroe lookalikes!

Phoo-D said...

Congratulations on 7 years! Try to toast each other a least a little bit! I think 7 will be a lucky year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary from us too! Mary and Slade

Sandrahess said...

Happy Anniversary! I feel happy being here on your blog. Congratulations on your life.. That's great!! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

pop

FinnyKnits said...

Firstly - congratulations of 7 years of shingle-ripping bliss :)

Secondly - I don't think it will surprise you that Bubba and I celebrate our anniversary this weekend, making our two anniversaries only a few days apart.

Our similarities scare me sometimes.

Third - Please tell me you at least had celebratory cocktail hour. Even if it was while standing over the cutting board in the kitchen eating dinner with your hands.