Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stand In the Place Where You Live*

So here I am, mentioning over and over that Cubby can stand up, and yet not posting any photographic evidence. I could be lying!

Or I could just be too damn lazy to get up and get the camera when he's standing around.

When my sister was here, she was kind enough to take some family photos, so we can show him someday that yes, we were actually around during his first few months of life. He wasn't just raised by the dogs. Although that would be fitting for the man-cub, no?

ANYWAY.

In addition to the family photo, she also captured the standing. So I can show you. Because she's not too lazy to take pictures. Or do anything else for that matter.

ANYWAY AGAIN.

Photo. Yes.

Cubby gets vertical.

Bear in mind that this was taken several weeks ago. Which means that child could hold up his own weight before he was four months old. His not insubstantial weight, as you may remember.

We're so proud of our little strongman.

* I like to sing this R.E.M. song to Cubby when he's standing on my lap. And when I sing the line "Now face north," I sometimes turn him so he's facing north. The fun we have around here. You have no idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he's not standing on an even surface! Wow! Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

I am totally amazed ! You know, you can say it and I pictured it..but now that I see it. It is amazing , him standing there like that. Great picture of all of you .

Daisy said...

What a sweetie! Such a young talent! Watch out; he'll be mobile before you know it.

Mayberry Magpie said...

Snap, snap, snap the photos and don't stop. I used to think I went overboard, but today I went rummaging around for 4th of July photos from years past and only found two years ('98, '99) where I managed to take photos. And my kids WERE SO CUTE back then! I'm very bummed. Trust me, someday you will be glad you ran for the camera.

Just Me said...

What an adorable family! Cubby is very cute.

FinnyKnits said...

Seriously, that is incredible. Have you gotten him a harness attached to a tractor yet? Because that's clearly the next step for him in his quest to become the world's youngest Strongman.