Sunday, October 24, 2010

On Being Happy with Your Lot

A. and the MiL went to a party last night. Cubby and I did not. We were invited, of course, but the party started at 6:30 p.m., which just happens to be the time a certain small person collapses into a puddle of his own drool in his crib. 6:30 is NOT party time for Cubby. So I stayed home with Cubby and A. and the MiL went off to party.

I was okay with this, however, as the MiL left me some of the beef she had prepared for her food contribution, so I didn't have to cook. Plus, there was ice cream in the freezer**.

This is how I ended up sitting by the woodstove by myself on a Saturday night eating a very large bowl of ice cream and reading about biomass fuel and goats in Grit magazine.

It may not be glamorous, but it works for me.

** PLUS plus, they brought home a piece of carrot cake for me, and the remains of the apple pie the MiL also brought. Who needs to go to a party when the food is all at home?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kinda night....Beth

Mayberry Magpie said...

Sounds glorious. I did the same thing Thursday night. My whole family went to the Mayberry football game while I stayed home, read, and ate takeout. It's the simple pleasures, you know.

Tami Bami Wami said...

party by proxy. How cool. *grin*

Phoo-D said...

Goats are cool, as is biomass. Sounds like a great night!

Haley said...

That sounds awesome to me. I would much rather eat ice cream at home than attend a party. Or read a book at home instead of attending a party. Attending parties is pretty far down on my list of things that sound fun. That cider party you wrote about recently sounds fun, but most parties I have been to are not.

Daisy said...

Carrot Cake? Apple Pie? All while watching Cubby sleep? Works for me.