Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Am Leaving the House Today

This is only notable because, except for a brief trip to Wal-Mart with A. to get fishing supplies (for A., not for me) and a few walks on my parents' street with Cubby, I have not actually left the house since we arrived. This isn't exactly a trial at my parents' resort-like home in the hills of Tucson, but I suppose I should go somewhere at some point on this trip.

So we're going to the Tucson Harvest and Farm Festival. Oh yes, we are.

I realize it is somewhat ridiculous for us to attend a farm event in a city which we visit to escape our own small farm, but it's free and there are animals for the small children of our family to view and . . . well, it's a FARM EVENT. In TUCSON. As if we would miss it. It's like our natural habitat. I mean, I found two garlic cloves in the pocket of the shirt I brought on this trip, apparently left there from when I planted garlic at home and had a couple of extra cloves I stuck in my pocket and forgot about. So I am now the sort of person who travels around with my own personal garlic stash and attends farm events on vacation.

Yee haw.

P.S. Melinda asked yesterday how Cubby fared being parted from his beloved mother. My mother shoveled yogurt in his face when he got hungry and he didn't even realize his milk supplier was absent from the fun. Nice to be missed.

2 comments:

Roger A. Post said...

One hopes there will be SHEEP at the Harvest and Farm Festival!

Anonymous said...

You can take the girl out of the country , but not if she fills her pocket with garlic cloves. Or something along those lines. Beth