Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Decided To Spare You

We finally got our Christmas tree decorated on Saturday. By "we" I mean the MiL and I, as the Grinch elected, as per usual, to stay in his Grinch-cave (his office) and avoid the festivities altogether until it was time to descend to Whoville to place the star on top.

I kept meaning to get a photo of the tree to post. But I have decided that for one thing, any photo I take of it is sure to be terrible, since I am The Worst Photographer In the World. And for another thing, do you really need to see a picture of our tree? I mean, it's a Christmas tree: lights (small and multi-colored--no monochrome white for me, thanks), ornaments, green needles . . . you know the drill.

The only strange thing about the tree this year is that I elected to get a very small tabletop tree. So it actually goes as high as our regular trees, but it's a three-foot tree on a three-foot table. This had a lot to do with a certain infant lurching about the place. Also the fact that dispensing with the bottom three feet of tree makes for a hell of a lot less wrestling with lights and hauling of boxes of ornaments.

That said, I think I'll have to go back to the regular tree next year. The tabletop tree is messing with my mind. It's just not quite right somehow. But it works for this year. And it's still pretty. Which of course you'll have to trust me on, since I didn't take a picture for you.

Apologies to LeVar, but you'll just have to take my word for it.

5 comments:

Phoo-D said...

For the record, you are not the world's worst photographer! Far from it. A trick that I intend to use when we have toddlers around a tree, is to tie the top of the tree to a small eye bolt in the ceiling with strong fishing line. You don't notice the line, but then when a toddler pulls on the tree it doesn't fall over. My parents resorted to this trick for several years when we were growing up!

Alicia said...

So I haven't seen EVERY episode of ST Next Gen, but why would LeVar Burton care if you didn't take a picture of your Christmas tree?

Anonymous said...

Wondering the same thing Alicia, although I think I have seen EVERY episode.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Um, hello. "Reading Rainbow"? Where were YOU in the 1980s?

I know nothing of LeVar in "Star Trek." To me, he is always the overly cheery dude on "Reading Rainbow" introducing fun new books but exhorting his audience, "But don't take MY word for it!" Cue small children and their childish book reviews.

I bet it's on YouTube somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I guess you could have resorted to putting it out on the front porch and looking out through the window at it.....hence only seeing 3 ft or so if it anyway. :)
I guess we will just have to take your word for it that you ACTUALLY did put up a tree. :) teasing
Beth

word verification- rechi

the supposed Christmas tree is out of Cubby's rechi