Monday, December 27, 2010

O Happy Day

Good morning, poppets! Welcome back to work/routine/life after Christmas. How are we all feeling this morning? Tired? Morose? A wee bit down?

Well! You should definitely increase your morale today, because this is not just the first workday after Christmas. No, this is my birthday.

I KNOW. Why is this not a federal holiday? I do not know. Someone should talk to the President about that.

Yes, today I am officially In My Thirties. That is, 31. And to celebrate my thirty-oneness, A. and I will be leaving Cubby with the MiL so we can have a very glamorous luncheon in the Small City.

Okay, so our very glamorous luncheon will actually be at a pub because that's about all that's open in the Small City on Mondays. But they have REALLYREALLY good steak fries that I never get to have, so I'm totally okay with it. Who needs glamor when you can have fried potatoes? Not me.

Thirty was a good year for me, what with that whole baby thing and all. And since I get to keep said baby (I think the probation period is over and he is now officially mine for real), I can't see why 31 shouldn't be even better.

Bring on the 31st year!

14 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the steak fries (sounds great about now!) and relish the long stretch of 30's that is still ahead.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you !
Have a great day ! Beth


word verification- kailimpy

Snow White's eigth dwarf

sheila said...

Happy Birthday!

me again said...

Happy Birthday! I KNEW I was old enough to be your mother and now it's been confirmed. Sigh.
:-)
You should come to Canada btw, 'cause it IS a holiday here. Both Christmas Day and Boxing Day are statutory holidays and when they fall on a weekend, the following weekdays are the holidays.....so Christmas this year is a four-day weekend. Of course, when you work from home like me, every day is, um, a holiday!
Enjoy your day and your fries!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday, Kristin! Mary in MN

Daisy said...

I was 31 when Amigo was born. It's a good age to be a Mom; old enough to be wise, young enough to have energy. Most of the time, that is.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! julie

Beth said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Eat lots of steak fries. You deserve them.

Sara said...

Happy birthday, Kristin! I hope you enjoyed your fancy lunch out.

Tami Bami Wami said...

Happy Birth Day!

Just Me said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinnyKnits said...

Eek! I'm horribly belated! Happy Birthday, mama!

And so glad you got Birthday Fries. They're better even than Race Fries. Though, with your MiL in the house, I'd have requested one of those fabulous looking peanut butter cakes, too.

Lord.

I do! said...

read your latest and greatest entry and didn't read your bday post yet! What a great day to have an anniversary of life... right when all of the Holiday stuff mellows out and beauty of our daily lives shines brightest. (I picture your fries glowing with a holy light behind them)

rls said...

Happy Birthday! (Sorry I'm late with the wishes.) And I'm relieved to discover that although I could be your (much) older sister, I'm not quite old enough to be your mom!