Monday, January 3, 2011

All I Wanted Was a Second Cup of Coffee

I was all set to indulge in that second cup as soon as Cubby went back to sleep . . .

But first I had to start the water boiling for oatmeal so we could have something for breakfast.

And then I had to sort laundry and put A.'s nasty jeans in the washing machine to soak.

And then I had to put the oatmeal in the now-boiling water and stir it around for five minutes.

And then I had to drain and spin the soaking jeans and start the whole load.

And then I had to move all the chairs and garbage can and rugs back into the kitchen because the floor the MiL mopped last night was now dry.

And then I had to eat my oatmeal before I passed out.

And then the fire was being a bitch so I had to fuss (and cuss) around with newspaper and cardboard and matches.

And then I put the last piece of wood on the now-burning fire so I had to move the empty log holder to sweep up the mess the wood leaves.

And then A. needed me to hold the funnel so he could put gas in his truck before he went to pick up some more hay.

And then I had to bring in more wood.

And then the fire was STILL being a bitch, so more blowing and smoke and cussing.

And then it was time to put the first load of laundry in the dryer and the second load in the washer.

And then, FINALLY, AN HOUR LATER, I got my second cup of coffee. By which point I REALLY needed it. Damn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know why you are tired all the time.
If you wrote it out, a day would take a whole notebook of paper.
Hope the coffee was good and you got to have a third cup as well.

word verification - asityp

asityp the words show up on my computer screen

Phoo-D said...

Lol, when I was drinking coffee that sounds like many of my mornings. Sometimes if Mr. B was out of town I'd be so busy in the mornings I'd forget about coffee entirely until a 10:30am headache kicked me in the shins. But wasn't that a better morning than heading off to a cubicle?

Daisy said...

Kind of makes you want that IV caffeine treatment, doesn't it? We must invent something like that.

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Happy New Year! :-D



Word verification: loils -- Laughing Out Loud ... with a lisp