Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bummer

Cubby's Packers apparel will not be arriving in time for today's game. I have some tiny infant Packers socks that I might be able to shove onto his gargantuan feet. Or maybe I can just put them on his hands, like little mittens, and we'll pretend we're cheering at frozen Lambeau Field.

Or frozen Cowboys Stadium. I know this inconvenienced many people who were planning on attending the game, but I have to say, I think it's hilarious that two teams known for their cold-weather hardiness were scheduled to play a Superbowl game in a stadium known for its warm climate . . . and then it snows.

ANYWAY.

I believe we will have kielbasa and sauerkraut for dinner tonight. It seems appropriate. We are not going to a party, which is just as well since we got several inches of heavy, wet snow last night and A. is even now toiling in an attempt to shovel our ridiculously long driveway.

So the party, such as it is, will be at our house tonight. I have beer, chips, and the ingredients to make some kind of dip. We're ready for the game.


6 comments:

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Shoveling? What happened to the bed frame?


Word verification: moode -- A really pretentious attitude.

Anonymous said...

Go Pack !
Beth

Anonymous said...

Pictures, please, anyway!

Just Me said...

Woo-hoo! Green Bay wins!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Drew: It was scrapped last summer. We got tired of having a rusty old bedspring on the lawn. Too woodchuck even for us.

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

You just need to dual-purpose that sucker: http://amoderatelife.com/2010/09/starting-my-winter-garden-in-a-book-case/


Word verification: rewdul -- An insult that's not interesting enough to bother responding to.