Tuesday, February 22, 2011

YAY! Boo. And How Are You?*

We're running on all heat cylinders this morning. YAY!

But my computer mouse is still broken. Boo.

This means that I get to use A.'s much faster and all around better office computer. YAY!

But only while he's asleep (like now) or not working during the day. Boo.

Unlike the last several mornings, Cubby did NOT wake up at 3:30 this morning. YAY!

He did wake up at five, so that's when I got up. Boo.

But this means that he went back to sleep and I now have the time to drink my coffee without a small child grabbing for the mug at every opportunity. YAY!

The sound Cubby now makes when he is denied access to said mug (or anything else) is a combination shriek and whine that makes me want to rip my ears off. I hear it a lot. Boo.

It's seven degrees outside. Boo.

But that means that at least we don't have to worry about the sugaring season ending prematurely. YAY!

Oh, did I not tell you we're tapping maple trees this year? Boo to me. More on that some other time.

So how are you, duckies? Are you all YAYs? All boos? What's your list like?

* If that title sounds like a children's book, that may be because I have done one too many readings of "Moo Baa La La La." Welcome to the life and atrophying brain of a stay-at-home parent.

4 comments:

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

That's a ridiculously awesome book title. When will you be writing the story to go with it?


Word verification: untriwed -- what a toddler says he is when you try to put him down for a nap

Roger A. Post said...

The temperature at noon got up to -2 so the dogs got their 2-mile walk in booties and dog jacket (for the short-haired member of the pair). YAY!

The sun is shining. YAY!

We may get more snow tomorrow night after just digging out of an 18" dump over 2 days. Boo.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "Boo" that I had to climb through snow banks to walk from my parking ramp to the office. And, "Yay" that the day is over. Mary in MN

FinnyKnits said...

YOU ARE TAPPING YOUR MAPLES??? That's a big fat YAY. Awesome. Think you might want to document this with photos or something? That would be extra YAY!

Meanwhile, on our way to Tahoe this past weekend, we got stuck on the highway three times, the last of which had us parked at the summit while they dug out a UPS truck. It took us 12 hours to cover what usually takes us 4.

And it was cold, obviously - and snowing.

And we had the dog in the truck with us.

And some jackass insisted on booming his bass all night.

BOO.