Friday, April 29, 2011

Yes, I Watched the Royal Wedding


I thought I should just get that out of the way right up front. If I lived in the west, I would not have been one of those dedicated people who got up at 3 a.m. to watch, but since I was awake anyway and Cubby was still asleep, I turned on the TV. It was definitely worth watching. Sort of a combination Macy's Thanksgiving parade/Presidential inauguration/Grammys--if I may make some very American comparisons. Those Brits know how to put on a show, for sure.

ANYWAY.

Know what else is putting on a show right now? Our daffodils. The whole family hiked up to the morass of mud known as the pasture the other evening just to see them in their full glory.

First A. let the sheep out to graze on the neighbors' fresh grass.


Because it IS always greener on the other side of the fence.

Cubby came too, of course. The pasture is really fun for Cubby. So much to do and see.

He favors sticks over flowers.

So much mud to wallow in.
There is no point in trying to keep a farm boy clean. Talk about a losing battle.

Old bathtubs full of stagnant water and random pipes in the ground to inspect . . .

It's a pretty good life for a toddler.

Happy Friday, duckies!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The daffoldils are lovely and it is so nice to see a child who is allowed to get dirty.

Rae said...

Good to hear someone admit that they watched it! Lol! It's on our dvr to watch this weekend, but I am planning on watching it too. :)

jive turkey said...

I can comment again! YAY!

I turned on the TV this morning just in time to see them circling the giant fountain outside Buckingham Palace, where we visited 4 years ago & had our picture taken next to a giant expanse of (guess!) daffodils. Then I remembered how I never got any scones & clotted cream while we were there, and now I'm sad.

Happy Friday!

Sister’s Sailor said...

Sticks over flowers and mud over clean…the Cubsters motto!

Little know fact, I once re-enlisted one of my guys in front of Buckingham Palace. The ship I was on was mored in London. We thought it was pretty cool, the Brits (or the guards more so) did not think it as cool and tried to run us off. But in true fashion, they were just a little late and we had finished the ceremony!

granny said...

I just loved watching the Royal Wedding :0)
Yes..my family were sent here as convicts..thankyou Mother England !
Btw..we are still a part of the British Empire..William will be our King one day.IF we do not become a republic.

Daisy said...

Ah, mud. He looks so natural in muddy clothes! Such a guy.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

I didn't watch it, but got caught up on all the glitz and glamorous pics this morning, first thing!
I did, however, send Kate good vibes at 2:45am (my time) as I was up with my tot. I knew today would be crazy for her and William and thought I'd send some comforting thoughts her way. Hokie? Totally.
I L-O-V-E-D her dress.
Absolutely fabulous.

vadish: description of those hats those ladies wore to the ceremony. Example: That hat is totally vadish, dahling....

FinnyKnits said...

I try to avoid using this overused term, but I daresay that is a bucolic scene if I've ever seen one.

And I'm glad to see that kids still get muddy these days. Dirt's good for the soul.