Friday, June 10, 2011

Continued

To pick up where we left off with yesterday's cliffhanger, because I know you were worrying about my laundry all day yesterday . . . yes, I did hang Cubby's laundry outside. And yes, it did get all dry on the line without any unexpected soakings from thunderstorms.

In fact, it didn't rain at all yesterday. BOO. I mean, yes, I wanted my laundry to dry, but I also wanted some rain for the poor plants in the garden that are already dry and have been for some days.

This gardening season is shaping up to be a cruel joke, with nothing but rain in the spring that delays planting, and then no rain at all when the plants are actually in the ground and need it.

It's cloudy right now, with some hopeful-looking clouds to the north--the direction from which our weather usually comes--so maybe we'll be lucky today.

Yes, one day I'm hoping the rain stays away so I can dry my laundry, and the next I'm doing a rain dance so the garden gets some water without us having to haul it in watering cans. Why doesn't Mama N. just hand over this weather thing to me so I can control it to suit MY needs? That would really be more convenient. For me. And isn't that what it's all about? Me?

Right.

Happy Friday, duckies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely...I'm sure we all feel that way....we're just a bunch of sopranos.

Sherry said...

Yes, if someone invented a weather remote control, they'd be an instant millionaire.

Melinda said...

Whew!! Glad the clothes did dry...Have a perfectly calm and relaxing weekend!

Daisy said...

Rain doesn't seem to show up when my garden needs it - until today. Steady rain, rain barrels filling, soil absorbing lots of water.