Saturday, July 30, 2011

What Good Timing

Yesterday when I was threatened by a falling container of frozen beans that almost crushed my foot, I decided the small freezer over the refrigerator had really gotten out of control. So I started pulling out unnecessary things, like three bags of cornmeal and some ham bones saved for future soup. These things got put in the big chest freezer. As I got deeper into the little freezer, I found a package of bacon that I didn't even know was in there.

That's what I call a lucky break.

The lucky bacon is even now on the stove, sizzling away for Saturday breakfast, to be combined with some eggs and fresh tomatoes, also cooked in the bacon grease. Life is good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can smell the bacon

Daisy said...

Yum. I love surprises like that. Today, that would be BLTs.

Anonymous said...

Yes, BLTS it would be here. Too bad you are the only one who can enjoy bread.
May I ask, does Cubby have the same condition A and Mil have with that? Beth

word verification - cordsque

the place you find your extension cords

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

I firmly believe anything made in bacon fat is awesome.

It's amazing the crap that comes flying out of the forgotten corners of the freezer, eh? I once found a whole bag of chocolate chip cookies I had frozen. I guess I had made extra. (I think I was more surprised that any actually made it TO the freezer at all!)

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

Fun Freezer Treasures! haha

Kristin @ Going Country said...

BLTs would be great, except we never have the L when the Ts are ready. They do not naturally grow at the same time in a garden.

And no, Beth, Cubby loves bread and doesn't seem to have any problems with it. I don't give him a lot of bread products, anyway, but it's something I'll continue to keep an eye on as he gets older. Sometimes these sensitivities occur later or get worse with age.