Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Quirky

I have been lucky enough to be graced with a child who loves vegetables. LOVES them. He'll eat any fruit and vegetable put in front of him (though he's a little suspicious of eggplant). He chews on raw chard stems in the garden.

I realized last night how odd this might be as I was dishing up dinner and told A., "I don't want Cubby to see the C-A-B-B-A-G-E before he eats some of his meat and squash, because once he sees it, he won't want to eat anything else."

That's right. I have to spell cabbage lest I excite my child too much. Granted, it was Burned Cabbage, which is pretty damn good, but still. Weird kid.

But the best kind of weird. Definitely.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you splan "burned cabbage" there Lucy? I have no clue what that is (except for the cabbage part of course).

tu mere said...

All that slave time in the garden has produced more than just jars in the pit of despair. As meat isn't a favorite, I guess the same can't be said for sheep and the wild game Cubby should then like to chow down on - like his dad. Interesting.

Phoo-D said...

I'd say that is the best kind of quirky! Hooray for a kid that will eat his vegetables.

Marcy said...

I think it's the rest of the world that's gotten weird and I feel so sorry for the kids who grow up with a palate that only recognizes salt and sweet heightened by fat. The boy isn't weird in my book.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Delores: If you look at the words "Burned Cabbage" in the post, you'll see that they're underlined. That means they're hyperlinked, so if you click on those words, you'll see the post all about the cabbage.

Mere: He does, however, LOVE rabbit, which we had for dinner tonight. And he also really loves lamb curry. So he's like his dad, too.

Daisy said...

You may be raising a vegetarian - nah. Forget I said that.