Monday, November 21, 2011

So I Broke the Bed This Morning

How I wish that were a joke, but no. I was pulling Cubby into bed with me so we could read his schlocky "Mommy Loves" book for the millionth time ("Mommy kangaroo loves her joey. Mommy polar bear loves her bear cubs . . .) and CRASH. Cubby and I dropped down about a foot.

A. was still in bed. We were all quiet for a second, and then I heard from under the covers, "That really just happened, didn't it?"

Indeed.

Were I a more self-conscious person, I might be upset about the implications of my body weight (well, mine and Cubby's) breaking a bed, but as it was, I found it sort of funny. Except for the fact that our bedframe is broken and we'll probably be sleeping on a mattress on the floor for a few nights until A. can fix it.

But still. Yeah, it was funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that got you going for the day.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like great snuggle time for all of you.
I'm surprised you all didn't bust out laughing after that. Beth

word verification- subsol

the sun's replacement when it is taking a day off

Phoo-D said...

Lol, that is pretty funny. I bet Cubby was surprised!

Tina - Our Rustic Roots said...

That happened to us once, too.
I bought a 'refurbished' wooden bed frame, the kind with wooden slats that go across to hold up the box spring/mattress up.

We were sound asleep and WHAM my side slams to the floor.

I'm stuck because my side is below the frame on my left & hubbies side is WAY uphill.

He's holding on to the edge of the bed for dear life trying not to roll down on top of me & we're both hysterical with laughter.

We get out of the death bed, put the mattress on the floor and go back to sleep.

Did I mention we lived in military housing that were apartments? And that we were on the second floor? And they were all the same, so our bedroom was DIRECTLY OVER our down stairs neighbors' bedroom? Yeah.

The next day I leave for work and am met at the bottom of the stairs by both of them. They are making jokes about how 'active' we were, how we knocked a picture off their wall, etc.

I don't think we ever did convince them that the darn thing just broke on it's own, but it really did!

FinnyKnits said...

Oh. Oh no. That's not the most welcomed morning event, is it?

Like when I was leaving for work and managed to punch a hole in our wood floors with my stiletto.

That's just no way to start the day.

Hope your bed's fixed soon!