Friday, November 11, 2011

Who Am I?

Yesterday afternoon, Cubby and I were hanging out in the shop with A. while he made a sheath for one of his homemade knives. He used a squirrel hide that he had salted some time ago and sewed it up with a needle and some button thread I found in our sewing drawer.

Exactly when I became a mother who spends quality time with her family that involves stitching dead animal hides, I do not know, but it seems clear I am no longer going country. I am so, so gone.

8 comments:

sheila said...

you done gone fer sure

Anonymous said...

Yup.

Alyssa said...

Hahaha. You're in it to win it!

Phoo-D said...

Yep, you are far gone! If you have another son I think you should name him after a great woodsman. Daniel, Davey, Jeremiah... =)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 'other side' !
Beth

word verification-conedu

the second ice cream cone you order

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Beauty, dude!

That's some quality family time, right there.

inglest : how an american mimicking a spanich accent says english.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Span -ISH accent. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Yeah, I'd say the squirrel skin sheath is a pretty good sign you're there.