Saturday, December 17, 2011

I've Come to a Decision

I buy quite a few things in the generic brand, because I really don't care whether my toilet paper has a picture of a cuddly (and WOW so annoying) little bear on the packaging. But I have decided that one thing I will never again buy the generic version of is cotton swabs.

Generic cotton swabs suck. They're all bendy. Especially in the summer when the humidity in our bathroom reaches rain forest levels. I find it unreasonably irritating to try to clean my ears with a buckling cotton swab. I buy cotton swabs about once a year. That means buying generic ones has saved me maybe two bucks a year. I'd rather spend the two dollars and get the Q-Tips.

Life is too short for generic cotton swabs. You heard that bit of life-changing profundity here first.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Plus they aren't as tightly produced so they shred more. Mary in MN

Sherry said...

Me too. Some things it is okay to go generic but not Q Tips! Besides being "bendy", they have less cotton on the tip.

Anonymous said...

We got the generics once...the end came off in my ear.

Netty said...

Yup, my son also had the cotton end come off in his ear. We had to get the doctor to remove it ... painful and scary! I have only bought the real 'Q-tips' since.

Drew @ Willpower Is For Fat People said...

Werd. I'll save that two bucks a year by ... I don't know, peeing off the back porch to save one flush per day or something.


Word verification: corbolog -- Pastry roll from the local Italian pastry shop. (Called "Corbo's", if you're not familiar with the Murray Hill area.)

Anonymous said...

Same experience here. I think each American has to buy generic swabs one time in life, and that's it. I wonder when we get to the last purchaser so the generics will disappear from existence?

sheila said...

I've found the same thing... Q-tips all the way!