Friday, December 30, 2011

There Was Cussing

Not in the presence of my little mimic, but cussing nonetheless, for yesterday I had to organize the freezers.

Cue the suspense music.

Organizing chest freezers S-U-C-K-S sucks.  Everything falls to the bottom and must be hauled up to get it out.  "Everything" being heavy-ass boxes of frozen meat.  Mostly, in the case of the upstairs freezer, heavy-ass boxes of liver and suet.  I hate liver, and although I make tallow* from the suet now, I was unhappy to be struggling with not even really edible meat materials.

I called them bad names.  They didn't seem to mind.

After much toil and struggle--and quite a lot of back strain--I got all the older meat arranged in the upstairs freezer, leaving the downstairs freezer mostly empty for the six boxes of new meat.  A. hauled all those boxes out of the car and down the stairs into the cellar, which was a feat of strength in itself.

In sum, we both earned a steak dinner.  Good thing we have about 100 pounds of steak to work with now.

* Speaking of which, can you believe I haven't even made any french fries with that tallow yet?  I KNOW.  Gotta get on that pronto.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are debating getting an upright freezer. Of course, we've been debating for years now.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure liver is used to being called names. :) Beth

Glenda in CO said...

Ugh, I need to do that to, and even though I have a "small" chest freezer, I am NOT looking forward to it....

Sherry said...

I definitely believe the ONLY freezer is an upright. You open the door and everything is easy to get to.

tu mere said...

Good thing you spend so much time and effort strengthening your upper body with garden chores. Buff is good, just look at A.