Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Little Anti-Climactic

Turns out, there weren't very many details to share about my trip to Arizona.  At least, when I sat down to write it out, I was sort of boring even myself. (Although, a brief mention is indicated about the ridiculousness of the three-inch spike heels worn by the very young flight attendant on the very rinky-dink commuter plane I took for the first leg of my journey.  That girl will be crippled by the age of thirty if she keeps going on that way.)  So I decided to spare you all the inanity and let you get on with your own lives.

You're welcome.

In fact, it seems that bare feet and straight hair sort of summed it up.  So not the most exciting of trips, but satisfying nonetheless.

We won't discuss my reception upon my return home by my own flesh and blood.  There were tears--on both sides--and not of joy.  Apparently, spending all his time with his father had a rather coarsening effect on my already rambunctious son.  So now I have to whip him--and the laundry and the house--back into shape, because we're hosting around 25 people on Saturday for my sister-in-law's baby shower.

When does the fun end?  At Blackrock, never.

2 comments:

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

I hope the trip was fun and it's good to be back home.
Interesting dichotomy, isn't it? Men are expected to run the free world, yet can't seem to get the socks actually IN the hamper. Much less the actual washer machine.
My H will wear every last stitch of ridiculous, ill fitting, old ass clothes in his closet before doing the wash, and then it's this colossal event.
Funny.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Actually, I must give due props to A., who much to my surprise actually did a load of laundry while I was gone. Because he needed some clean long underwear. Whatever the impetus, it was nice to have at least a little laundry done.