Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What Does Cat Vomit Promise?

Probably nothing I want to know about.  My first action this morning after giving Cubby his breakfast was to race into the living room to throw out the cat, who was making the sounds indicative of imminent vomit.  I would have gotten him out in time, too, if the door hadn't been locked.  That door is never locked, so by the time I figured that out and got it open, he had thrown up.  Mostly water, and only on the wood part of the floor, but still.

I don't like cats.

On a more positive note, yesterday was a good day, as promised by our late start and sunny forecast.  The sunny weather meant that Cubby and I could stay out most of the day, which always makes for more cheeriness all around.  He took a three-hour nap (which made me worry that he was dead in there or something, but whatever), AND A. made dinner.  Good deal.

Oh, and in response to the queries, I'm feeling fine, thank you.  It's been several days since I've had a day in which I can't find a position to sit or lie down in that doesn't result in crippling pain, so that's a positive.  I don't think it's all due to the yoga--probably some of the relief is just that this New Life Within has shifted position and decided to rest somewhere other than my sciatic nerve--but whatever the reason, I will take it.

Have a lovely Tuesday, duckies, hopefully free of cat vomit.

6 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Yeah, I'm not much of a cat person either. Hooray for feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I love cats. But I am decidedly un-fond of their delicate digestive systems that are complicated by their insistence on ingesting huge amounts of fur.

They keep carpet cleaning companies in business, I think.

Joan @ Debt of Gratitude said...

Not to engage in one-upmanship, but cat vomit beats teenage vomit any day. Parker had a violent stomach flu that he just now got over and that I managed to blog about for two full days. Thank god he's old enough to hit a target these days.

PS: Isn't it amazing how bloggers always use vomit as inspiration for a post? It's just too - pardon the pun -- juicy to pass up.

Melinda said...

Hate the vomit and the inevitable bird feathers I come home to at least 3 nights a week thanks to physco killer cat and necessary doggie door.

I love dogs

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog in Firefox, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has
some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick
heads up! Other then that, great blog!

Feel free to surf to my homepage Air Jordan

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Its truly awesome post, I have got much
clear idea about from this paragraph.

my blog :: Sidney Crosby Black Jersey