Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Shhhh

I hate to say this aloud--or rather, type it for all the world to see--so let's all pretend it's being typed sotto voce, like a deep, dark secret: I think sleep is returning to normal.

The last couple of nights have been better, anyway. Good enough that I can get up a little while before Cubby does without feeling like a truck done runned me over. Which means I can make and drink coffee without the demands for a book or biscuit (who knew baking powder biscuits could be such a desired treat?) or a thousand other things showered upon me by my own small dictator first thing in the morning.

To say nothing of sitting in front of a little plastic potty at 6 a.m., watching and applauding what should be a private affair, before I'm even dressed and coherent.

That potty thing is getting better too, by the way, but I hate to push my luck by talking about it right now, so let's just leave it at that, shall we?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Fingers crossed.....

Moi

Anonymous said...

Shhh!!!!!

jive turkey said...

Afraid to comment. Don't want to jinx it.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

I'm not saying anything b/c sleep is as precious to me as breathing and I hope you get more of it.

I will say that I need to start cruising the internet for information on how to potty train since it appears I'm at that time, as well. (For my kid, not myself. That would be weird.)

mil said...

Here's a link to what I would do -- either this or the trans-Wales ride--
http://www.hiddentrails.com/tour/ab_kananaskis_continental_divide.aspx