Sunday, October 7, 2012

This Post Brought To You by the Fact That I Don't Do Twitter

Were I a user of that particular aspect of social media, I could compose some pithy little tweet to tell you that A. took Cubby up to his great-grandmother's (Cubby's great that is--A.'s grandmother's) with a dinner I packed for them all, leaving me here with Charlie, who is currently sleeping.  So I'm sitting here in a quiet house next to the woodstove fire while the rain falls, eating a dinner of chef's salad and drinking a glass of wine*.

But I don't do Twitter, so I just had to post my happy moment here instead.

* Is it just me, or does that dinner sound like some kind of awful cliche from popular literature of What a Single Woman Eats When Alone?

5 comments:

Phoo-D said...

It might be a tad bit cliche, but it sounds perfectly lovely to me!

sheila said...

better than cooking or doing dishes

Anonymous said...

or someone without a care in the world.....a gifted writer who can finally settle down for nourishment..... a little high brow...calming
Beth

tu mere said...

Give A. a great big kiss and hug for me for giving you this gift of solitude. Yep, he's a keeper.

FinnyKnits said...

That sounds downright civilized and 100% well deserved.