Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Life As I Know It

Cubby's driving trains . . .


This one does NOT say "choo choo," FYI.  It says "vroom."

Rockin' out to some tunes . . .


"I always have to wear ear muffs when I'm listening to music, you know, Mommy."  I did not know, but I do now.

Fishing . . .


The lake trout bite like crazy on Daddy's black dress belt.  A little tip for you, courtesy of Cubby.

Meanwhile, Charlie is bouncing maniacally in his station . . .


While chewing on the top to the calf bottle A. bought to feed the bottle lambs and then switched out the calf'-sized nipple for a lamb-sized one.  Turns out that calf bottle nipples are the perfect baby teething toy.  Albeit a little phallic and a LOT woodchuck.

And then there's this . . .


They're lantern fish, I'm told. I failed to see the resemblance, but then I'm notably slow on the uptake sometimes.

Just another day, full of Cubby and Charlie and their attendant insanity.

4 comments:

sheila said...

You can always spot kids that don't watch a lot of TV, they have very active imaginations.

rls said...

I read this post a couple of days ago and thought "Yeah, the title of that short story sounds familiar, and 'kitchen things' has a vaguely familiar ring to it, too." And then this morning, your blog was still up on my browser and I happened to catch it again and remembered it. Thank you, subconscious! I like a good short story, and - you're right - that is a good short story.

rls said...

....aaaaaaand then I commented on the wrong post. Maybe I'll just go back to bed.

Anonymous said...

I see his backpack...was he ready to go hiking when he got it?