Saturday, February 9, 2013

Why Does Anyone Still Visit Me?

My sister and my mom left my sister's house in Virginia at 5:30 a.m. yesterday, to make the seven hour drive to Blackrock before the entirely-too-hyped winter storm* descended upon us.  They arrived at 1:30 p.m. without seeing a snowflake.

Fifteen minutes later, I left to go to the doctor.

My sister stayed at the house to help A. with the kids.  She sang Charlie to sleep for his last nap of the day and distracted Cubby with the helium balloons she brought him for his birthday.  My mother came with me to the Small City to run some errands and then sat in the waiting room at the doctor until I was done.

She also paid for everything I had to buy on those errands since I accidentally left my wallet at home.  I felt like I was fifteen years old again, asking my mom for some money so I could buy stuff.  Though when I was fifteen, that "stuff" was not five pounds of various sausages for my son's birthday party.

Anyway.  Point is, my mom and my sister are here and we're hosting a birthday party tomorrow, so I have to go now.  Stuff to do, you know.  Catch you later, duckies.

* Which ended up being a few inches of snow and about two hours without power at two o'clock this morning.  Hardly Armageddon.  Silly Weather Channel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the storm is over already?
Glad your family is there. Beth

Tree Huggin Momma said...

It's OK our predicted 2-4" became 18" so I guess I got your extra snow. There are reports of power outages and the trees are gorgeous with all that snow, but I know the look is dangerous as they are heavily weighted now. Wanted to send the kids skiing today, but that didn't happen.

Phoo-D said...

I was wondering if those "big bands!!" were coming your way or not. Kind of funny how hyped up this one was, though if I lived in Boston it would probably feel about right.

Joan S said...

"Silly weather channel" at your house, maybe - but my daughter is dealing with 30 inches of snow in Bridgeport, CT. Her comment on Facebook this morning was "Third day of captivity!"

JoanS - NOT in the North!!