Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today

Cubby spent much of the day shouting orders like a tiny drill sergeant, doing exactly what he was told not to do, and then having screaming fits when he was disciplined for the aforementioned infractions. Three-year-olds are so very unpleasant sometimes.

Charlie soiled himself so completely that a total clothing change was necessary. While I was dealing with the mess, he rolled off the waterproof pad he was on and peed on the bedspread. More laundry.

Cubby decided to ride his wee four-wheeler thing down the slope by the clothesline. At the bottom, he flipped off and slammed his head into the stone wall there. He's fine, though now sporting an impressive lump on his thankfully extra-hard cranium.

I discovered that the top edge of the new stove heats up a lot when the front burner is on high. I discovered this when it burned a hole through my somewhat expensive and relatively nice fleece that I got as a Christmas gift from my parents and that I wear constantly. Though maybe not so constantly now.

Today kind of sucked. Tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm not laughing "at" you, only remembering similar situations when my twins were little! Things will get better!

Sister’s Sailor said...

My grandfather used to hang us in fishing nets that he had strung up to a tree. Just a thought!

tu mere said...

Sounds like you had an Alexander Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. At least you don't have to wear your railroad track pajamas.

Keep wearing your fleece. There are more where that one came from.