Thursday, May 16, 2013

I Can't Stop the Lameness

It's just a part of me. You require evidence? I am happy to oblige.

I just ordered a book through the inter-library loan service called An Amish Garden: A Year in the Life of an Amish Garden. Yeah, I sure did. And I am SO EXCITED to read it and SO BUMMED that it's so new it doesn't even have a proper listing in the library system yet and I have to wait for it. But I'm first on the list when it's available to be checked out!

Lame? Without doubt.

You're still harboring hope that I might not be so lame as I appear on the surface? Well then, let me dash those hopes by telling you that I have been anxiously awaiting the time when the local garden center place puts all their hot weather seedlings out for purchase. Because of the frost we had this week, they've been keeping the tomatoes and peppers and basil and whatnot safe in the greenhouses. But I called today and they said the tomatoes were out.

And so I immediately bribed Cubby with ice cream from the ice cream stand next door to the garden center so I could go buy my paste tomato plants (I never start these from seed myself) and jalapeno plants. Yup. Sugar rush for my kid just so I could get even more tomato plants.

Whatever. He thought it was awesome he got to eat some strawberry ice cream and I thought it was awesome I have more seedlings to plant. Charlie didn't get to do anything particularly awesome, but that's the way it is when you're ten months old.

I haven't put the new plants in the ground yet, but I will sometime in the next few days. Then I will have 25 tomato plants in the garden and you know what that means: The Tomato Crazy is SO ON.

Lame? Yeah. But I'm okay with it.


5 comments:

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Dude. You gotta put a security check on this site for all the yahoo spam bots that are leaving you replies.

So let me be an actual person who says: Yay for being a total garden geek! I'm with you 100%! I got all giddy when I figured out it's only 2 more weeks until the mother earth news fair comes to town! Whoohoo!

Anonymous said...

That book sounds very interesting to me....
Oh well, if that is lame.....it is my middle name. ;)
You can still learn so much after your official schooling is done. It may never produce a diploma, but life has it's own rewards.
You can study things that actually interest you now. Beth

Terri said...

My hubby laughed at me the day I came home all excited about my new library card. He said most women get excited about a new credit card, not a library card! I guess I am lame too!

FinnyKnits said...

I so wished we lived closer - I have about 30 tomato plants that need good homes.

I'd even bribe your child with ice cream.

And now I'm checking out that "lame" book...

flask said...

you do not sound lame to me.

you sound interesting and -dare i say?- glamorous.