Saturday, August 10, 2013

Grandparental Spoiling Is the Connecting Theme

I had a bunch of photos on my camera that I finally uploaded to my computer and I realized that in every one of them, the children were wearing or playing with something given to them by a grandparent.

Because apparently, if it were left up to their parents, they would be naked and playing with nothing but sticks.*

Good thing they have doting grandparents.


Walking wagon courtesy of Grandma.


Also courtesy of the big brother in the background, since it was technically given to him for his first Christmas.


Monster truck shirt and jeans generously donated by my parents. The truck there came from his aunt. The truck's name is Gordon. Why Gordon? Why not?


Packers outfit from my dad the Wisconsin native, also a Cubby hand-me-down. The plastic bling originally belonged to my grandmother, Duchess (she did love her costume jewelry--the gaudier, the better), and was passed along to my children by my mother.


* Though it must be said that they do really love nudity and playing with sticks. Maybe we're on to something here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie looks very serious in that last picture!

tu mere said...

Great to see them outside in what looks like awesome weather.

You're a true modern mom to share your testosterone laden boys' desire to have anything to do with necklaces. However, they are, as you said, pretty clunky and heavy. Bring on the large clock necklace!