Wednesday, January 1, 2014

All Rung In

Happy New Year, my lovelies! Did you have a glittery, glamorous New Year's Eve celebration? Yeah, me too. I finished an Agatha Christie novel that I've read probably a dozen times already and went to bed at 9 a.m. on an inflatable mattress.

It's a really nice inflatable mattress, though, and I slept very well until 4:15 a.m., when Charlie started weeping piteously. I rescued him and, since I couldn't face the thought of actually getting up yet, let him just lie there in the inflatable bed with me.

He thought it was quite comfortable, too.

My real New Year's Eve celebration was going to Bookmans earlier in the day. I have mentioned my love of Bookmans before, and it's pretty much the only thing I really wanted to do in Tucson. It became clear a couple of days ago that I wasn't going to be going anywhere without Charlie, however, so A. and I left Cubby in the charge of his super-indulgent grandparents and took Charlie with us to buy some used books.

So now I've got five new books with which to start the year. Bring on 2014. I'm ready.

2 comments:

Roger A. Post said...

Cubby and A. would like hiking Madera Canyon or at least going to the International Museum of Wildlife. We've heard no reports of really fun stuff like that but hope it's happening! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Any book title we might recognize?
I've been wanting to read the Cheryl Strade book. Beth