Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bucking the Trend

This is the time of year when photos of lilacs and daffodils and greenery all around saturate the Internet. I might be posting more of those, if it weren't for the fact that this spring has been so goddamn cold and now wet that there is no pleasure to be had walking around outside admiring flowers. Plus, no leaves to be seen yet. And it's almost May. Craziness.

So I thought today I would instead post some pictures I took last month on our beach.


Looks like a balmy March to me.


Yeah. Balmy like Antarctica.

There. I feel better now about our current forty-nine degrees with rain. Because at least it doesn't look like that outside.

Happy spring.

4 comments:

Joellen said...

With the long winter, our tornado season is late. We are getting hit by bad weather. Last night was bad and we are supposed to have 2 more days if it. It seems no matter where you love in the Country the weather is delayed.

Anonymous said...

In Minnesota, snow has been falling--lots in the north, flurries in the Twin Cities. Bah, humbug...! We're supposed to have flowers on the crabapple trees by now.

rls said...

The grass is green here, at least. But it's cold and wet here, too, so pretty much no flowers yet. I bought some for my hanging baskets last weekend and they are hanging out on the porch waiting for it to get slightly warmer and sunnier so I feel like transplanting them. Hurry up, Spring!

FinnyKnits said...

You must hate me and my gardeny posts.

Meanwhile I'd kill for some fucking snow out here. It's been summer since last summer.

Not good for the SERIOUS DROUGHT that's now being blasted at us in traffic from all the digital billboards.