Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hooray for the Autumnal Equinox!

What, you're not excited? Well, get excited, because Cubby sure is.

Do not ask me why the First Day of Fall has assumed such importance to him, but it has. And it assumed some importance for me, too, since I've been getting kind of tired of being corrected anytime I would make some statement about it feeling like fall or being fall. EVERY TIME, Cubby would jump in to remind me that it's not fall yet, Mom, the calendar doesn't say it is. This, from a child who can't read.

Pedantic? My son? I can't imagine where he got that.

I must admit that there is something sort of satisfying about a day in which the hours of light and the hours of darkness are equal. It's as if the universe is in balance or something.

Or something.

Anyway. Happy fall, my lovelies!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dread the coming of fall and having to go into work and come home from work or the Y in the dark. Gloomy! Mary in MN

gabe said...

Funny, 'cause C came into our room yesterday morning (he usually just goes straight downstairs when he wakes up) to announce that it was the first day of fall. Kids...

Anonymous said...

It is nice to hear the youngest generation harking back to earlier times.
He has great character because of you guys.
Love to hear how smart he is and nature boy. :) yay
Beth

Anonymous said...

I am excited too! Equinox came and Florida flipped the switch. Boom, nice in the mornings! So glad to not be suffering through the 80 and mega humid at seven in the morning...
-moi

tu mere said...

I'm hoping you're able to appreciate these nuances in life because of a rested mind and body. Are the chitlins allowing that?

We might still be having close to 100 degree days, but the yard is really flowery and green due to the rains. Love this time of the year!

Anonymous said...

Yes, how are the boys doing sharing the same room?

Lindsey @ Half Dime Homestead said...

I absolutely ADORE this time of year. My favorite by far! I'm pumped because now I get to put up my October installation outside. Not halloween exactly, but super harvesty in nature. Having kids has definitely made me more aware of the change in seasons and what is happening next!

Daisy said...

Maybe the Equinox is the reason all things have been failing me. Blog went down due to database trouble at the hosting provider. Virtual classrooms (like Go to Meeting but school-based) went down nationwide for two days.

Now what? No, don't answer that.

FinnyKnits said...

Yay! Fall's here!

So, like, when is it going to cool the EFF OFF ALREADY SHEESH?

Seriously. It's still in the 80s out here in NorCal.

I'm losing it.

flask said...

i totally love this kid of yours.

hahahahahahaha!

fall.