Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Own Tiny Dream

Life with three boys is so far just about as loud and chaotic as you'd imagine. And I know that as all these boys get older, it will get louder, more chaotic, and--as so many people are so fond of jokingly telling me--a lot smellier.

Yes, I know. This is why A. and I joke about building a bunkhouse in the pasture for the boys when they reach about twelve or so.

But yesterday I decided on a new approach. It was inspired by this book A. brought home from the library that's all about tiny houses. I'm sure you've seen the tiny house fad mentioned somewhere in the media. They are, as you might guess, very small houses, meant for one or two people usually.

As I was flipping through the book, I thought, "Hey, I could just leave all the males in the big house and put a tiny house in the pasture for myself."

Could you imagine? It would be so quiet. So peaceful. So clean.

So if you come looking for me in ten years or so, go right past the gigantic historic house at the front and knock on the door of the brand-new minuscule dwelling in the pasture. Where peace will reign and no one will be making scatological jokes.

Amen.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Great idea! You can plant flowers in the window boxes, and you can read a book in the peace and quiet.