Monday, April 13, 2015

Well, This Is Alarming

Last night, I went up to get some socks for Cubby and couldn't find any cotton ones. This, despite the fact that I bought ten pairs of plain white cotton socks for him not one month ago.

"What the hell did he do with all his socks?" I thought irritably, even though I knew he could not possibly have lost all ten pairs of socks in just a couple of weeks.

And then I realized where they were: In my sock drawer. And one pair was on my feet right at that moment. I had been wearing his socks for the past two weeks without even noticing.

He is five years old.

You think I've got, what, maybe three years before he's taller than I am? And maybe ten years before all three of these wee ones are bigger than I am.

Truly, a frightening thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha--Reminds me of the time my mother discovered that my father was wearing her jeans! Mary in MN

Lindsey @ Half Dime Homestead said...

Bwahahahahaha!!
This is AWESOME.