Saturday, August 1, 2015

When Left To My Own Dinner Devices

A. took Cubby and Charlie camping for the night. They were very excited. So was I. Because with the three of them gone camping and the MiL away on a trip, I was left with no one but myself to feed.

Well, myself and Jack, but his idea of a balanced meal is pureed beets and yogurt, so I wasn't too worried about him.

I got some potatoes at the farmers' market this morning and I had great plans to cook some potatoes with cheese and maybe Swiss chard. Oh, and we have some leftover beets! How balanced! How healthy!

Yeah, who am I kidding? You know what I had for dinner?


Chips, dip, and gin. Hey, at least the dip was homemade.

I didn't even eat it at the table. And my dining companion was not required to wear pants.


He practiced his dry-land swimming while I ate.

I did manage to cook one of the potatoes, which I mashed and fed to Jack. So at least one of us ate reasonably well.


He approves of potatoes.

Based on my dietary choices when left alone, it's a good thing this happens about once a year. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect meal to me! Mary in MN

tu mere said...

Oh my, what a sweetheart. Straight out of a baby commercial. Too bad he hasn't gotten the whole sleep thing down; but, the cuteness thing, he's totally nailed that one!

For those of us tasked with making healthy meals on a daily basis, chips and dip is a spectacular meal that we hardly ever get to indulge in. And on a Saturday in particular, bring on the cocktail!

Anonymous said...

Must run in the family because I totally do the same thing when it's just me. Although I tend to do more nachos. With guacamole because that's healthier (I tell myself).

Jack looks so much like Charlie in that photo! Growing so fast....
moi

Anonymous said...

Oh, those dimples! I hope he keeps those as he grows.

Anonymous said...

At first the package of chips looked like a package of Oreo cookies, even more impressive!

Anonymous said...

How did the overnight camping trip go?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Oh, it was great. They're all old pros by now.

Daisy said...

Great pictures! I love his dry land swimming practice. As for pants, it's summertime. Onesies rule.