Wednesday, October 18, 2017

A Personality Clash


As a compulsively punctual person, I think it's clear that I'm going to have to have a serious talk with this little lady baby whenever she finally makes her appearance. Two days past her expected arrival already? That's just not going to be acceptable in our family*.

Plus, I would really like to be able to bend over to tie my shoes without a feeling of imminent suffocation.

And that's our grumpy update for the day. Carry on.

* My mother's sister, who is Very Southern, remarked that the baby is just arriving fashionably late. I am, lamentably, far too much of a Yankee to be so comfortable with the idea of tardiness being the way to make a good entrance. Especially for overdue babies. But I thought that was a funny comment anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check your blog everyday - even a couple of times a day to see if she is here yet!

Anonymous said...

I am constantly checking too! Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

As am I. This is an important event! Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing new, wonderful stories about her and her family!

Anonymous said...

My baby, due Oct. 14 ended up being a Halloween baby. Said baby was my first and also my last. Better luck to you and yours!